Test Execution (in Projects module)
- No run
- N/A (not available)
- Not completed
Choose Test Sprint
When you open the Test Execution for the first time you’ll see just the top row with two fields. After you choose the Test Plan and Test Sprint you’ll see the list of TCs which are tested.
On the picture you can see the main table with basic functionalities: open, the settings of table, filter and display number of rows.
- The application, environment, module (information about displayed TC )
- Status (the superior status of TC – the chosen status can be changed but default status is automatic)
- Timer is the most important part from the header. To start the work you need to switch it on and after finishing the work switch it off.
Let’s return to functionality STATUS in the header. The default setting is automatic although it can be changed. When you select one of the other statuses from the header and confirm it, the status of every step will be changed (it is subordination to the header status).
F.e.: We tested the test case and the status of one test step will be failed. But after bug fix we want to test TC again. So we can open the TC and set the status no run in header. Status of every step will be changed to no run.
Functionality of testing window
Finally you can see the window which contain detail information from TCs (name, test data, version of requirement, steps). The most important parts here are steps. After switching on the timer you can change the status of the step then you need to confirm the chosen status and move on to the next step.
Ex.: When we test the TC we open the application and perform the precondition. After that we compare the result with expected result and according to that we’ll change the status of the TS.
- All steps are passed, the TC is with the same status.
- If one of the steps isn’t passed, the status will be not completed.
- If one of test steps are failed or not completed, we get the status according to specific step.
- If the steps are passed and N/A we’ll get the passed status.
History of test step
In every row you can see the „history„ where are records of all changes in TC.
Result of test step
Here you can see the „result“ of TC and add comments or attach file to any step.
When you mark the step with status failed the possibility of „issues“ will appear. Through that you can report the issues in which you describe the problem in the test step. Usually, you are testing a flawless TC although if you find the error look for more detailed information about reporting the issues here.